a twelve-week intensive experience This Fall
training trumpeters to teach themselves
T5 Fall Semester 2021
September 6 – December 3, 2021
A 12-Week Online Experience For A Limited Number Of Trumpet Players Who Want To Take Their Playing To The Next Level
THIS SEMINAR HAS BEEN FILLED. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
to join my waiting list for the next T5 Semester Seminar.
What does it take to make a living as a performing musician? The most valuable skill is the ability to teach yourself new concepts and fix problems. You MUST strive to continually improve – it’s what successful musicians DO.
Training Trumpeters to Teach Themselves™ (T5) will show you how.
Starting in September 2021, I will be teaching a 12-week online semester for a small and select group of trumpet players 18 and older who want to up their game and take their playing to the next level.
Here’s the plan:
- September 6- December 3
- 10 lessons
- 6 “Practice-Window” lessons
- 10 studio classes
- Unlimited email support
- Practice Partner assignments
- Trumpet Chats with other pros
- Weekly video tutorials on topics ranging from range to technique, to practice and performing excerpts, solos, and etudes.
- Unlimited access to the Sound Truth Library™ and Symphony Stage™ audio/videos
Trumpet Chat, Up Your Game Spring 2021
T5 will delve into my proven methods and approaches to:
- Audition prep – study and prepare recent and upcoming audition lists
- Dissect an audition recording
- How to overcome nerves
- Preparation timeline
- Mental focus for peak performance
- Arnold Jacobs
- Beyond the Chops Integrated Mechanics for the Trumpet
- Alexander Technique – A cornerstone for longevity in your career and life
- Jacobs-style breathing techniques
- Work with re-breathing bag, incentive spirometer, and breath builder
- Solo repertoire
Is T5 for you? IT IS, if you are…
- Committed and motivated
- Determined to reach your potential
- Open to new ideas
- Ready to take your playing to the next level
- Excited to join a new community
I’m still accepting auditors. Please email
for information on how to register.
“Studying with Ben was one of the best things that happened to me for my trumpet playing… Hearing Ben, not only in lessons, but on stage with the BSO every week, was enormously beneficial for my later success. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my time studying with him.“
The Utah Symphony
“Ben’s teaching made me see the importance of playing longer lines and being more organized. Hearing him in person and in the orchestra was always inspiring. My playing wouldn’t be where it is today if I hadn’t studied with him.“
“Ben has been an incredible mentor and teacher for me, and I can’t thank him enough for all the invaluable lessons he has given me in music and beyond…. The perspective he provided was just the right push at just the right time to allow me to be happy and successful here and now.“
“Ben’s approach of singing to save chop time and focus on the music was really beneficial to me. His focus on being mentally and physically balanced was one of the keys to my success in winning auditions. Years after I studied with Ben, he was a pillar of support when I needed his it most – his advice helped me bounce back from a challenging time in my career and move forward.“