a twelve-week intensive experience This fall
t5 Level-Up Fall 2023
training trumpeters to teach themselves
Fall Semester 2023
A Unique Learning Experience For A Limited Number Of Trumpet Players Who Want To Take Their Playing To The Next Level
What does it take to make a living as a performing musician? The most valuable skill is the ability to teach yourself new concepts and fix problems. You MUST strive to continually improve – it’s what successful musicians DO.
Training Trumpeters to Teach Themselves™ (T5) will show you how.
In September 2023, I will be leading Level-up (formerly called Mastercourse): an online semester for a small and select group of trumpet players 18 and older who want to up their game and take their playing to the next level.
Here’s the plan:
- Lessons and studio classes start mid-September.
- 10 lessons
- Practice Window Training Sessions – What’s a Practice Window Training Session?
- 8 studio classes
- Unlimited email support
- Practice Partner assignments
- Trumpet Chats with other pros
- Extensive video tutorials on topics ranging from range to technique, to practice and performing excerpts, solos, and etudes.
- Unlimited GUIDED access to the Sound Truth Library™ and Symphony Stage™ audio/videos – hours of 4k video and 32 bit audio recorded in my studio to best capture the true sound that we make on stage in Symphony Hall.
Trumpet Chat with Chris Martin, T5 Summer 2021
T5 Spring 2021 Member, Ben Hauser, using Symphony Stage™
T5 will delve into my methods & approaches to:
- Audition prep – study and prepare recent and upcoming audition lists
- Dissect an audition recording
- How to overcome nerves
- Preparation timeline
- The mental focus for peak performance
- Arnold Jacobs
- Beyond the Chops Integrated Mechanics for the Trumpet
- Alexander Technique – A cornerstone for longevity in your career and life
- Jacobs-style breathing techniques
- Work with re-breathing bag, incentive spirometer, and breath builder
- Solo repertoire
- Honegger Intrada
T5 is for you if you are…
- Committed and motivated
- Determined to reach your potential
- Open to new ideas
- Ready to take your playing to the next level
- Excited to join a new community
Member investment $4100
Since I began this program in January of 2021, I have been at full capacity EVERY semester, so reach out sooner than later if you are interested in seeing if this could be a good match for you now! email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a free call today!
Interested in auditing?
Get full access to the Sound Truth Library™, studio classes (live classes all are recorded and will be shared), and Trumpet Chats.
No time to audit?
Would you rather just have access to the Sound Truth Library? Click below for details on subscribing.
“Studying with Ben was one of the best things that happened to me for my trumpet playing… Hearing Ben, not only in lessons, but on stage with the BSO every week, was enormously beneficial for my later success. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my time studying with him.“
The Utah Symphony
“Ben’s teaching made me see the importance of playing longer lines and being more organized. Hearing him in person and in the orchestra was always inspiring. My playing wouldn’t be where it is today if I hadn’t studied with him.“
“Ben has been an incredible mentor and teacher for me, and I can’t thank him enough for all the invaluable lessons he has given me in music and beyond…. The perspective he provided was just the right push at just the right time to allow me to be happy and successful here and now.“
“Ben’s approach of singing to save chop time and focus on the music was really beneficial to me. His focus on being mentally and physically balanced was one of the keys to my success in winning auditions. Years after I studied with Ben, he was a pillar of support when I needed his it most – his advice helped me bounce back from a challenging time in my career and move forward.“