a seven-week intensive experience this summer
Up Your Game Seminar
training trumpeters to teach themselves
Up Your Game Seminar
June 13 – August 1, 2022
A 7-Week Online Experience For A Limited Number Of Trumpet Players Who Want To Take Their Playing To The Next Level
MEMBER SPOTS ARE SOLD OUT. AUDITOR SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
This is my second summer running Up your Game and I’m thrilled to say that I’ve spent the last year fine-tuning and organizing resources and tools that make Up your Game a more powerful learning experience than any lessons I have ever taught before. Here’s the plan for this summer – over the course of 7 weeks members will receive:
- 6 private lessons
- 5 studio classes (Mondays 11:00 AM eastern)
- Practice Partner assignments
- 2 Practice-Window Training™ lessons
- Trumpet Chats with pros from around the country.
- Unlimited access the Sound Truth Library™, which includes hundreds of clips of solo, orchestral excerpt, fundamentals tutorials, etudes, and Symphony Stage™ clips. Symphony Stage™ clips are section orchestral excerpts wherein you choose the part you want to play, and play alongside with me.
Take a tour of the Sound Truth Library
Up your Game will explore new ways to approach:
- Audition prep – study and prepare recent and upcoming audition lists
- Fundamentals – improve your foundation
- Beyond the Chops: Integrated Mechanics for the Trumpet™
- Critical thinking and listening
- Solo repertoire- Haydn, Hummel, Honegger, Tomasi
- Stay Balanced – Find your median and stay on it.
- Using Alexander Technique to blend mental and physical approaches to find greater ease and flexibility in playing and learning.
Up Your Game provides more information than you will get from any in-person summer festival, plus cutting-edge technological resources I’ve created just for this experience.
Tuition: $1875 which includes unlimited access to
The Sound Truth Library™ and Symphony Stage™
I’m accepting only highly motivated players.
UPDATE Membership has filled. I am taking folks on the waitlist and offering auditing positions only.
Auditors get :
- Full Access to the Sound Truth Library (including Symphony Stage™)
- Access to live Studio Classes and Trumpet Chats
- 1 Practice-Window Training™ lesson
Auditor Investment: $375
You video record a short 5-10 minute video of you practicing for me to view. This is my Window into your approach to practice. The video is nothing fancy – just use your phone – the point is for it to be a segment of an ACTUAL practice session (complete with muttering to yourself etc). The more “normal” it is, the more you will get out of it.
Using Loom, I make a video of my watching your session and breaking down the action (like halftime in sports – commentators using the huge screen and the virtual chalk as they analyze the action of specific plays). You will get my comments on how you can practice more effectively and more efficiently.
“Studying with Ben was one of the best things that happened to me for my trumpet playing… Hearing Ben, not only in lessons, but on stage with the BSO every week, was enormously beneficial for my later success. I wouldn’t be where I am today without my time studying with him.“
The Utah Symphony
“Ben’s teaching made me see the importance of playing longer lines and being more organized. Hearing him in person and in the orchestra was always inspiring. My playing wouldn’t be where it is today if I hadn’t studied with him.“
“Ben has been an incredible mentor and teacher for me, and I can’t thank him enough for all the invaluable lessons he has given me in music and beyond…. The perspective he provided was just the right push at just the right time to allow me to be happy and successful here and now.“
“Ben’s approach of singing to save chop time and focus on the music was really beneficial to me. His focus on being mentally and physically balanced was one of the keys to my success in winning auditions. Years after I studied with Ben, he was a pillar of support when I needed his it most – his advice helped me bounce back from a challenging time in my career and move forward.“